You will be assigned a "family" of four people- a dad, a mom, a sister, and a brother. Decide on a last name for your "family". You must pick one role per person in your group for up to four people in a group. If you are working alone, pick one member, if you are in a group of four, do the work for all four family members. Each member has different interests and wants to "visit" different places. Let me introduce you to your family:
After you've decided the roles of your group members, you need to start your holiday and gather information to put into your family scrapbook. Your scrapbook should include the information below:
- Each family member should "visit" the places that fit their interests. At least four locations should be visited. Include the list of places visited in your scrapbook.
- Gather information and "take" pictures (by copying them and pasting them into a powerpoint) of the sites you visit. You should have at least four pictures for each of your sites.
- Give at least one interesting fact about each of your locations.
- Someone in the group will also have to find information about the following:
1) How will you travel around Paris?
2) Where you are going to stay (not 5 star, your family is not that wealthy!)?
3) What is the local currency? What is the current exchange rate?
- Once you have gathered all of the information and "returned" home to Sanford, you will need to make a "scrapbook/photo album" of all of your memories on a powerpoint (or Google Slides) presentation. Use the pictures you took and describe each location (in English!) from the information you gathered. BE CREATIVE!
- Think of how you can organize your information.Your finished work can be on paper or electronic. It will contain memories of your trip for your "family" to enjoy forever. Make sure the scrapbook is fun, colourful, and creative!
- If you choose to complete the assignment on paper, be sure to turn in your scrapbook to your PERSONNEL box. If you choose to complete the assignment online, upload your assignment to Google Classroom, on the assignment Family Holiday in Paris.
You can find all of the information you need on the next page, Les Ressources