You will review different websites that discuss the French education system. Using the links on the LES RESSOURCES page, explore the websites to complete the tasks below. Detailed instructions are given on the Google Classroom document U2.1: Webquest: Assister à une école française.
- Answer each question on the Google Classroom document U2.1: Webquest: Assister à une école française using the sites listed on the LES RESSOURCES page.
- After answering the questions in Section 1, complete one of the following tasks. You may complete more than one task for extra credit.
1) In English, write a letter to your parents explaining why you think it is either a good idea or a bad idea to attend a French school while you are in Paris.
Provide at least three specific examples to support your position.
2) In English, compare and contrast the French school system and the American school system. Explain how the school systems are alike and how they are different. Provide at least three specific examples.
3) In English, explain the challenges you would face as an American in a French school. What would be hard to adapt to? What do you think would be easy to adapt to? Provide at least three specific examples to support your ideas.
- Finally, create a flyer advertising a French exchange program which gives information about French schools. The minimum requirements are listed on the Google Classroom document U2.1: Webquest: Assister à une école française.
You may draw your flyer, use Google Drawing, or use one of these sites:
Poster My Wall
Flyer for Free
Canva (Sign in with Google)
Here is a sample flyer:
Your final products will all be turned in on the Google Classroom document (except for the flyer if you made it on paper) U2.1: Webquest: Assister à une école française. Your document should include the following:
- The answers to all 9 questions in Section 1.
- One of the three 8-15 sentence compositions in Section 2.
- A screenshot of your flyer in Section 3 which includes all of the minimum information listed on the Google Classroom document.
If completed on paper, put your flyer in your PERSONAL box (BOITE PERSONELLE), sticking up in your correct folder. Make sure you have your name and number on the back of your flyer.
- A 5-8 sentence reflection in Section 4.