Here you can find a compilation of culture activities for various topics. Topics are organized alphabetically. If you have any suggestions or anything to add, please contact me with the contact form on the CONTACT page.
- French educational system
- A Webquest which introduces the French educational system from beginning to end.
- Le Jour Typique du Lycéen Français
- An exploration of a typical day for a French high schooler.
- Les Examens de Grande Importance
- An exploration of high-stakes testing and its effectiveness; comparing the Bac exam and the SAT.
- French Family Life
- An exploratory Webquest which gives the students the opportunity to explore a facet of French family life and present it to their peers.
Introductions and Greetings
- Introductions in the Francophone World
- A jigsaw activity on the greetings and introductions in four different Francophone countries: France, Senegal, Haiti, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- La Bise
- A lesson on La Bise as a greeting in France with video explanations and step-by-step instructions on how to survive your Bise experience.
- Tutoyer or Vousvoyer?
- An exploration of the uses of the "tu" and "vous" subject pronouns in regards to formal and informal situations.
- What is the importance of learning another language?
- A lesson which guides students through an exploration of why language-learning is important.
- Language and Identity
- A lesson which looks at the influence that language has on one's identity from the perspective of a Mexican-American who traveled to Japan.
- Weather forecast
- An activity which guides students through the creation of a weather forecast.